- October 2016 Fabricated will have its world premiere at the Show Me Shorts Film Festival in Auckland, New Zealand the first week of October. Soon after, the film will play at the Warsaw Film Festival in Poland and then the Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival in Catalonia, Spain. It is a great honor for the film to be chosen for these festivals and to realize that it will play in theaters full of people I don't know.
- September, 2016 After more than ten years of work, 'Fabricated' is complete. There was one final surround-sound mastering session at Berkeley Sound Artists. It was the smoothest day of work on the entire ten-year project, and a fitting way to complete such a monumental endeavor. The film is, at the end, a beautiful and intense nineteen-minute-long stop-motion animated journey with a dense, detailed soundscape and an exquisite musical score. It has been a wonderful adventure and I would like to thank everyone who helped out or supported the Kickstarter campaign. I would especially like to thank the sound and color team with whom I had a wonderful and enjoyable collaboration: sound designers Ryan Mauk and Chris Vibberts, creature vocal specialist John France, composer Andrew Poole Todd, mixer Dan Olmsted and colorist Bradley Greer. Thank you all for your artistry, your contributions and for being very patient as I felt my way through this strange universe.
- January, 2016 In October of 2014, I was asked by Phil Tippett to build several armatures for the Dejarik Holochess set to be used in Star Wars Episode 7, The Force Awakens. It has finally has been released and I am so honored to have had a hand in building this small part of the Star Wars universe that has influenced me so much over the years. Click on the photos below for videos showing us building and animating these famous little monsters.
- December, 2015 Fabricated has had a supervised color grading session with the colorist Bradley Greer of Kyotocolor in New Orleans. It was a pleasure spending three days with a true expert to refine and grade the color to get the mood and feel of the film just right.
- August, 2015 The sound design, a very dense and complex sonic world on its own, is complete and the film is now being scored by the composer Andrew Poole Todd.
- March, 2015 The final frame of animation for the film has been shot. It has been almost exactly 10 years since I began shooting. It has taken me three cameras, four cities, five puppets and ten years to shoot nearly 27000 frames of animation to tell this story.
- December, 2013 The Kickstarter Campaign to fund the sound design and music for Fabricated is a success! My deepest thanks to all of the backers for their support and continued patience. I have spent much longer than I expected working on these very important final steps but the time has been well worth it. The result is a beautiful, complex and sprawling film with new worlds full of little details, each of which must be seen to.
- April, 2005 After several years of designing and building these hybrid creatures, I begin to shoot a short stop-motion film. I think the whole project can be finished within 3 years. I definitely do not know that the film will take me ten years to finish.